I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.

FOLLOW ME!!!!!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Beautiful Rock

Ok, so as most of you may know, I am an administrative medical assistant for a busy Rehabilitaton Medicine practice in NYC. I have many wonderful patients of a mature age that bring me great pleasure with their wealth of knowledge, experience, and just plain old good hearts. Yesterday I had one of the greatest experiences of my time working here with these patients.

A reoccuring patient that has been coming here since about the time I started was in for an appointment yesterday. She is a wonderful Latina in her 50's. She was born on Christmas day!! I love that! Anyhow, I watched her battle cervical cancer over the course of her time here. She has the sweetest demeanor and always call me "papito" of which I very much appreciate.

I saw her yesterday after her long treatment with chemo and loss of hair and the regrowth of it to its thick luxurios honey blond locks that the cancer is back. This is not unusual but still diheartening. We greeted with a smile and a motherly kiss. I gave my sad face and sorry, but she smiled back and said, "Dont worry papito I'm gonna survive this too", Wow!! amazing to have such will. I love it!!! I of course agreed with her and encouraged her in which she then replied, "Your so Beautiful!" Wow me?? I thought? I do remember her saying this to me on occasion but I am taken aback every time she says it, because I feel it from her.

She told me she was to begin her next chemo treatments this week and then she went to sit in the waiting area. I remembered that I had some rocks that I picked up to give some people and patients from my amazing trip to the Grand Canyon!! I dug them from the ground on my hike as my babyboy made fun of me for it along with faces, I love him! I quickly grabbed one from my desk and gave it to her with the sentiments of good wishes and blessings! She was very touched.

I believe in energy and good energy at that. I believe that rock will do wonders. Didn't that feather make dumbo fly? Didn't clickin her heels take Dorothy home? Is'nt our Lord the rock of salvation? I believe, do you?

Me, beautiful, I must say it makes me cry to be given such a validation.

No comments:

Post a Comment