I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.

FOLLOW ME!!!!!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mom I'll miss you more, Mommy I LOVE U MORE

Well the title says it all. Mommy I love you more. Yes I do!! Recently, my bestie, BFF, homegirl, sister, soul friend had to let her mother go on to the next life. It's very sad. Though we know the soul goes on, we still yearn for the physical body that we survived on for our known days. I don't know where she is drawing her strength from. I have a belief, but I am amazed at how much strength she has found to help her endure. Her mother is the closest person to my emotions that I have had the experience of losing. My friend is so close that her mother is just as close and also like a mommy to me. She gave me some wonderful advice over the years and was so encouraging with my singing. I remember her telling me one time, "just because someone is good to you, does not mean they are good for you". That still rings in my head.

She use to play the piano that my friend bought her for xmas and sing these beautiful gospel songs to us. She would even play for me and teach me how to sing the songs. I really treasure those moments. I can still hear her yelling down stairs for us to make her some "cawfee", that's coffee in her NY accent, lol! It was humorous to that whenever I called there, she would never recognize my voice or she would think I was my freinds other friend Scott. I think of how she use to make jokes and do this silly dance where she would balance herself on one leg and throw the other up while singing,"put ya leg up, put ya leg up" ahahah. I already miss the house where I slept on the couch many nights just healing myself from life's pains in Mrs. Harri's living room. Without question she never asked me why and never asked me when. I am going to miss the long talks at the table and her mischevous laugh. One of my fave memories will be of how she use to joking say, "oh, shut it up", as Karen and I were making all kinds of noise and laughing with our many inside jokes.
Mom, I'll miss you more.

I am blessed to have my mommy still and I know it. I understand how important it is to have your mommy. There is an unbreakable bond that we all have to our mothers no matter who we are and no matter how much some of us want to deny it. I tell my mommy how much I love her every chance I get. I call her as often as possible and never leave the call without the words I love you. Hearing her voice makes me feel comforted like nobody elses. Her assurance means everything. A woman of few words, I see the proundess in her eyes and the love in her actions. There is nothing that she would not do for me. Two of the greatest things my mother ever told me were, "Never think anyone has more than you", and ,"Because of "YOU" I shine" of which I wrote a poem for. I would love to make it a song one day. That is a humongous compliment and an incredible badge for anyone to don. I love the scent of my mommy's perfume, I love to sit and talk with her about life, I love to play 500 rummy with her. I love to dye her hair. As I grow older she has become one of my most important friends. I can't imagine myself without her. She has made me strong. She has made me humble. She has made me rich in love. She has taught me compassion. She has taught me to be human. She has taught me to enjoy my individuality. She has given me family and most importantly she gave me life. She has the biggest heart and for that mine is even bigger. I am thankful for my mommy. Without her, where or who would I be. Mommy, I love you more.

Mommy's are precious and to be cherish. Love yours with all your being and share with her all that you can. You only get one.


"A mother is she who can take the place of all others but
whose place no one else can take."
-- Cardinal Mermillod

No comments:

Post a Comment