I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.

FOLLOW ME!!!!!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dear Son,

My new play "FRANKIE" had it's first reading this past Sunday, Father's day! It went incredibly well!! I even wrote a song called "The Truth" that I sang for the audience. It was a really powerful moment for me! The script is metaphoric in that its about a transgendered male who is becoming a woman and life is changing dramatically for him. I say metaphoric because I weaved my life into the story to tell of my dramatic life change since coming to NYC!! I could go on all day, but let's get to the point. So within the story I write about her boyfriend finding a penny in central park with the year they met on it and giving it to her as a gift. Ironically, a few days later I find a penny on the street with my boyfriend and mine's year we met on it. Of course I gave it to him. Funny right? It gets better! In the story the characters father is estranged from her life and has never spoken or acknowledged her in 20 years. He's also in prison, which is very true in my life!!! Ok so in the script she gets a letter from him on Fathers day saying he loves her and is sorry. Ok, I hope your still with me. Well two days ago was the reading and Fathers day. Today I recieved a letter but none other than who you have guessed, my DAD!! Can you believe it? I can't believe it. 21 years he has avoided me. No I have not read it. I can't yet. All I could get through was "DEAR SON". He called me son. I see his handwriting. I am in disbeleif. Dear son,????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment